Journeys 4 Special Needs was founded in September of 2013 to specifically serve families homeschooling children and teens with special needs.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive atmosphere spanning medical, neurological, behavioral, and psychological diagnoses; to provide support and encouragement to parents; to share resources, and to provide social opportunities for all our members.
We are somewhat located in Houston, Texas and serve families from all around the city via our online community.
A few things about our group:
- This is a safe place to share your struggles, victories, ideas, and more.
- Provide an opportunity to learn from others traveling a similar road.
- We have monthly meetings for parents to get together and relax.
- Monthly “field trips” intended to be low-stress, accessible to all, and stimulating but, not overwhelming.
- We have space to meet for special seasonal events and encourage birthday parties as well.
- Meetings and activities are open to all, with no membership requirements or fees.
We look forward to journeying with your family!